My story begins 4 decades ago. Born in Germany with an Irish bloodline, yet raised in the United States, I started out life confused. 🙂 Raised among boys, I dreamed of one day having girls. When the day finally came to have babies, however, it was boys I kept finding placed in my arms. Six of them. Six exhausting, enchanting, energetic, enigmatic, endearing, handsome, crazy boys. Along the way, I did manage to scrounge up two girls, as well. And they are exactly the balance this family needed.
Raising children into adults (my oldest two are 20 & 18) and learning my role as a wife (to the most amazing firefighter, father and friend) have been the springboard for my own spiritual journey. My heart wants all the good things for my people but nothing so much as I want to be able to present them back to the Lord. Truly, the rest is just details.
I’m grateful you’re choosing to spend time growing with me. And I don’t take lightly the honor of getting to share my experiences with you. I promise to be raw and real as long as you’ll promise to do the same.
If you’re new and would like to walk around the blog for awhile, you may want to check out the following posts…
Posts for wives and mothers
- Anxiety, Motherhood and How I’m Navigating the Two
- From One Broken Mom to Another
- For the Wife with More Burden than She Can Bear
- You’ve Got Great Kids, Mom: In spite of what you’ve told yourself
- Hearing God Through the Noise: Help for the mom who can’t even
Posts about building strong, Christian homes
- When Family Worship Keeps Falling Flat
- Training Children to Sit Through Worship or Church
- When the Dating Years (of our kids) Come Knocking
Posts about Natural Living, Exercise, Diet and Essential Oils
- How I’ve Lost 30+ Pounds without Obsessing or Gimmicks
- Intermittent Fasting for Both the Body and the Brain
- What if I Told You The Fountain of Youth was a Thing…and it was free?!
- Anxiety, Mindless Eating and My Battle Back to Health
- Why Battered Physical Health Leads to Spiritual Decay: and 8 simple (free) ways to get back on track
- How and Why I Use Essential Oils
Posts containing “beauty for ashes” testimonies
Posts to encourage personal growth in Christ
- To A Nation in Shock: remember God can use anyone
- Being Intentional On Purpose
- Come Sit at my Table: hospitality for the introvert
- Are You Spiritually Stagnating? Here are 3 things to do TODAY!
- 5 Baby Steps to Becoming a Positive Person in a Negative World